Monday, December 28, 2009

Pull to the Goddess

I have been feeling an old pull returning me to the Goddess in the past few months. Ten years ago I was very much a Wiccan, though slowly over time I have molded those beliefs into something that more resembles where I am now. I don't think I can call myself Wiccan today. It is interesting for me to look back on how much I've changed, as is evidenced by the changes in my worship in life. I was 20 years old, and looking for some way to allow me to be powerful, or empowered ... tapping in to the world of Wicca was the perfect path for me. I loved the freedom of energy and love. Perfect love and perfect trust. I loved that feeling of invoking the goddess energy - such Strength of Spirit! I loved drinking red wine as a ritual in our magic circle, and becoming more drunk from the energy than the wine. I loved performing ritual ~ I often didn't need anything to work on, I merely enjoyed the feeling of power from the words I spoke.

I have changed so much. I truly was a Maiden then ... and now I am a Mother.

The one thing that has remained constant is that I can feel a very strong feminine energy. This energy guides me, like a grandmother, gently pointing me in this direction, or that direction. She gets me to look at the circumstances of my life from a larger perspective, showing me her point of view. I feel her even now, as I write, inviting me to go deeper in this explanation. This could take several pages ... In every stage of my life, goddess has been there, backing me up with a strong, focused, clear, direct energy. She urges me to see the love and light in every person, and to celebrate my femininity, my motherhood, my sexuality, the joy of my children. She encourages me to be strong in the challenging moments of motherhood, for these moments are fleeting. The children grow whether you are enjoying them or not. Goddess reminds me to look at my children through a grandmothers' eyes. That perspective brings me so much happiness in interactions with my little darlings.

I can see many things coming to my life in the next year ... I hope that the Goddess will invite me to see things from her perspective even more. You know I will keep these developments posted ...

Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again!

3 comments:

  1. I studied Wiccan philosophies for a few years, about ten years ago. I believed then, as I believe now. However, I cannot call myself Wiccan today...I have a very eclectic sense of many diverse beliefs which come together to create...me. But I loved the sense of joy Wiccans have and the rituals and celebrations. I use many in my life today.

    Today, as a crone, I have a newfound sense of clarity and wisdom I would not give up for anything. Thank you for this post, Nicole...your writing is so evocative and thoughtful. Blessings in 2010 and may the Goddess continue to stay by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marion,

    I feel a great connection with you, and it brings me joy to know that we have the Wiccan experience in common.

    I hope 2010 is a peaceful, inspiring and joyful year for you! May the Goddess show herself to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nicole,

    Wisdom is everywhere. I feel grateful for the paths with its many gifted teachers that have brought me closer to my unique spiritual healing journey. We are continually guided to the wisdom of our own deepest connection within.

    Sending you and yours, love and blessings that you continue to unfold the greatness of this existence in the coming year.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete