Monday, September 14, 2009

Feel Grateful for Everything!

It was my birthday a few days ago, and I had the most amazingly normal day. I decided to have no expectations for the day, and to just enjoy my kids and enjoy my life. I woke up, meditated and took a long shower. My sweet husband made breakfast for us :o) I took the kids for a bike ride with our buddies, then we came back to our place and played in the backyard for a while. I got the chance to catch up with Licious and hear all about her interesting trip back "home" to her roots. The older girls called us up to the top of the yard, they said they had a surprise. :o) We got closer and they threw up handfuls of leaves in the air and said "Happy Birthday!"

In the afternoon I received some phone calls from people interested in attending the Healers' Gathering. I am really enjoying the conversations with these wonderful healers. I feel the newness of healing again, speaking to these women. I believe that this event will be such a great thing for this sweet little town. It's all about the love.

The running theme of my life has truly been Gratitude as of late. I have been feeling the change since I made this switch. With Gratitude running its' roots beneath everything I do, in every second of my life, I will always be blessed with more. I have finally realized that it is I who is responsible for everything I've experienced in my life. All the happiness, all the loss, all the sadness and the love and the broken heartedness. All of it, everything, I made it all happen. With my perceptions, accurate or not. With my judgements. With my fears. I am responsible.

And I am also responsible for the switch!

3 comments:

  1. hmmm being grateful....I need to re-vist that aspect of my life. Thank you for the reminder!! I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday!! Talk to you soon,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicole,

    Happy belated birthday greetings!

    "I have finally realized that it is I who is responsible for everything I've experienced in my life."

    I believe that how we relate to everything that happens in our life is our responsibility, but I think that taking the attitude that I am responsible for everything that happens to me, may be a bit burdensome.

    There are many things that I have no control of, such as other people and the environment. How I allow those things I have no control over to affect my state of mind, is my responsibility.

    I agree with you, "With my perceptions, accurate or not. With my judgements. With my fears. I am responsible.

    And I am also responsible for the switch!"

    Thanks for sharing so deeply as always.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miruh: Thank you for helping to clarify the message :o) You're so right when you say "how we relate to everything that happens in our life is our responsibility". You got me when you said that you thought my take was a bit burdensome. You hit the nail on the head :o)

    Thank you for commenting! I always appreciate your views!

    ~Love Nicole ~

    ReplyDelete