Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ch-Ch-Changes ...


I can feel the earth preparing for the change from summer to fall ... It is still warm outside and the sun still shines, but on occasion I can feel a subtle chill in the air. I love fall. It is the time of year that I was born, and I've always felt connected to this precious season. It is a time of excitement, of newness, and a time of raw possibility. Perhaps that is why I'm feeling restless, concerned and introverted as of late. I feel better when I am looking forward. I feel the best when I am living in the immediate moment.


I wonder what this new year will bring? It seems as though many people are feeling some tumult right now, almost in anticipation of some radical changes. I have been cowering these past few weeks, unsure of what changes are coming, but now I am ready to emerge. I am ready to embrace whatever comes my way. I am ready to create something bigger.


Just as the earth has her annual phases, we do too. Are you prepared to shed the leaves of your former self in order to save your energy for a season of silence? For that is what Winter can bring. It seems strange to be thinking about winter's approach, but I'm going to prepare myself this year. Winter came way too quickly last year, and I am going to be ready! To me, winter is a season of creativity. The darkness helps us to focus on what is directly in front of us. It is important to gather energy now in order to deal with this. Picture yourself as a squirrel gathering bits of food, information and energy. Enjoy these last days of summer, because they are fleeting! Get outside in the sunshine as much as you possibly can - run through your sprinkler, man, because there's not a lot of time left!!


I am preparing for Change. I am readying for what I do not know. I will be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. You have an encouraging insights about life. I share your feeling of the things to come; there are times that i feel fear for no reason at all. Deep inside of me is always a battle with my mind. But no matter what happens I believe that I will always be the captain of my fate. Now and in the days to come I'm the master. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walter: Thank you for sharing your feelings about fear. It is so important for us all to admit when we don't feel well in order to receive the support we need. I appreciate your outlook on fate! I am the master of my own destiny. Ultimately, we get to make the choices that shape our lives.

    ReplyDelete