Friday, January 2, 2009

Taking Control of Your Life

I am feeling inspired about the direction my life is taking. Life isn't "happening" to me anymore. I am making my life happen, and I am becoming the person I've always wanted to be. I am a beautiful, insightful, kind, loving and positive woman. The only one who ever held me back was myself, and now I'm ready to take a chance and make change. With great risk comes great reward.

In the past, I allowed my inner voice to become too loud ... My insecurities were holding me back from the things I really wanted in my life. I remember the day I began to take charge. I was venting about a recent breakup, and I started telling my compassionate listener what my next boyfriend would be like. He would have to be cute, and have big arms to wrap around me, have the ability to help keep me safe, be a great listener, I even stated the colour of his hair ... and it also wouldn't hurt if he was a wrestler.

The universe gave me this man. All I had to do was ask.

After getting married and having kids there hasn't been much on my list. But I am ready to start thinking about what I really want out of my life. I want the good stuff. I don't want to be at the conclusion of my life with regrets about the things I didn't do, or how I didn't put myself out there because I thought people might not like me. I am living now, and it feels fantastic! My blog has become such a bright light for me, and hopefully for others. I am ready to offer my support to women, mothers who are having a tough time like I did, not so long ago. I am planting seeds for my own business, and I am so excited to begin.

2009 is going to be a great year for me, and the ones I love.

2009 is going to be a great year for you too, and I am so excited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment