Sunday, January 18, 2009

Keeping Silence

When I think about my life, so many things rush to the surface, and I feel so many feelings all at once. I fear I'll never be able to slow down those thoughts and address them. Perhaps it's better to reflect on the feeling of being alive, and to purposefully choose those things that I would like to focus on. Such as love, joy and peace.

My life right now is perfect. Everything I am doing, everything I am thinking is absolutely as it must be at this very moment in time. Sometimes I worry that I'm not doing enough in my life, that I'm somehow missing something, but when I go back to that silent place, I am whole again. Some days I struggle to find the silence ... and it takes a lot of effort to get it back. I do yoga, meditate, read, write. Even if I don't get to that silent place today I am planting the seeds for another day. One day, I'll no longer struggle for the quiet place inside me, it will just be there.

On the other hand, I suppose that the silence is always there, it is I who chooses to fill it up with thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment