Monday, December 29, 2008

Weeding the Garden

My day didn't start out so great yesterday. I was feeling cranky at my husband for not inviting me out X-country skiing, even though I was feeling hesitant to go. You see, I've never tried it, and I felt that he was underestimating my ability to keep up with him. I wasn't being very nice to him when he got back, and he asked me what was wrong. While I was explaining, he started smiling at me. I said "Why are you smiling?" He said "I can tell you're starting to feel better".

The moral of the story is to tell people how you're feeling right when you're feeling it. I call it weeding the garden. Even though what I was feeling was kind of minor, it felt so much better once I'd voiced my thoughts. I think those little thoughts and issues can accumulate (like compact snow) and cause much larger issues down the road. Once you weed the garden, there is that much more room for the flowers to grow!

Later in the day yesterday, once the kids were napping, my husband and sista went to run a few errands. I used that time to practice yoga. I also went for a walk with my sis. It felt so good to do those small things for myself. Tonight I am going on a date with my man! There was a time when I truly believed that I didn't have any time or energy for my own self, let alone time or energy to spare for my poor guy. A couple of hours alone together is going to be so nice. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment