Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Take Care

As mothers, we feed, bathe, clothe, love, and worry for our children. We'll do anything to make them happy - as long as it doesn't cause them to grow up as spoiled, inconsiderate, selfish people. We don't do the nice things for ourselves that we need to survive.

My doctor, when I told him I felt anxious, had a talk with me. He said that my kids were using me up. Did that make me feel guilty? Of course it did, but it was true. I am allowed to rest, damnit! And so are you.


Last night WC, my sista and I celebrated the Winter Solstice. It was amazing. One exercise we did was to say something positive about ourselves - something about our physical appearance, and something about ourselves. I have a totally wacky sense of humour. I think I am hilarious, even if not many other people do! I also love my arms. I can feel every muscle in my arms, they are so incredibly strong.

It's your turn! Take this silent opportunity to say something nice about YOU now. And give yourself a pat on the back, just for being. Consider it your Christmas present :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment