Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soul Maintenance

It took me an entire week to get used to my life again. My anxiety piled back on me almost immediately, and I have to say, it was kind of scary. But over the course of the week, I realized that the peace and serenity I found on the Queen Charlotte Islands is always there for me. It is up to me to make the choice to be in that place. And I know, like any relationship, there is a certain amount of attention I have to give to myself. I am remembering to take that 5 minutes for myself, whenever I get the chance. I will read a magazine, bake something delicious, or just lie on the floor and clear my thoughts away. My best days are when I can get up before the kids, like today. A nice cup of tea to warm my soul ... goes a long long way in my world!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nicole,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how it is for you being a mom and finding time for honoring yourself and going deeper within.
    You and your family are very fortunate that you have this awareness at this stage in your life. It would have made a big difference for me when I was going through similar issues as a young new mother.
    May the light of the love and joy of the season surround you and your loved ones this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me that you took the time to comment & share on my blog :o)

    Thank you for the light & love, I hope you receive the same!

    ReplyDelete