Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I had the most amazing time at my sister's wedding. She lives on the Queen Charlotte Islands, and I'll tell you, I've never been to such an amazing place. I've never felt so connected to nature. I was able to escape the wedding bustle to take a long walk on the beach. I was watching a massive wave beginning it's crest, then descent to the shore. It was so beautiful I wept. I felt like I was in a walking meditation the entire week. My mind was calm, and I was so content. Six months ago I thought I would never feel normal again, I thought I would never feel at peace. I am so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. It was exactly what you needed! It was time to reconnect with an old friend...YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it was exactly what I needed. The difficult part now is using my new perspective to help me cope with my everyday life.

    ReplyDelete