Thursday, October 9, 2008

Know Your Opposites

What am I thankful for? The harvesting is done, the year is nearly over, and it is time to become an introvert and to reflect on what this past year has brought to me. I find myself reflecting on my hardships immediately when I think about the past year. Problems with anxiety mainly, trouble sleeping, some frustrations and a realization of my growing impatience with my world.

In the past few months, I've been able to slowly change my perspective and I'm feeling so much better! The anxiety lingers, here and there. It never truly goes away, but I know this is partly due to regaining my body's strength after having two babies so close together. Hormones are confusing ... I'm making peace with myself in our decision to stop making babies. My heart cries out for more, but I'm quite certain my mind could not handle it. I enjoy where we are at. I love getting on the floor with the kids, playing, interacting, engaging in the true stuff of life - laughter, joy, love. ALL of my hardships were worth it, for these moments are the best I've had in my life.

I am thankful for my hardships, for you cannot know one thing without knowing it's opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment