Monday, October 6, 2008

Crying

Today my daughter reminded me of something important. She started crying, about some silly thing, and she would not stop. It was so hard for me to hear her wailing, and I just wanted her to s t o p, so I said "Please stop crying!" She told me that she didn't want to stop crying, and when I asked her why, she said "Because I feel like crying". So she sat on my lap for ten minutes crying and wailing. When she was finished we read books together, and then she had some ice cream with her brother.

It brought back memories of my own childhood, and you know, I did exactly the same thing! I remember how good it felt to just cry and cry and cry. And how fantastic I felt afterward. I thought there was some point where this whole charade just stopped, but there wasn't! I just got better at concealing my feelings. I still cry, but only now and then.

When I was getting her ready for bed, I asked her if she felt better than before. She said "I feel so much better after my big cry. I feel happy!" I am so amazed by her.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute, that kids are so in touch with themselves. Crying does feel good sometimes :) Love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete