Friday, August 1, 2008

Working through it

The anxiety returns. I have been ignoring the feeling, pushing it away. But that hasn't been working, and I still feel anxious a lot of the time. So I am acknowledging it. I am sitting in it and trying to work through it and deal with it. Sometimes you have to feel worse before you can feel better, and I am not feeling that great right now. I don't want to pretend that I'm not feeling this way though. That hasn't worked for me in the past, and it will not work for me now.

I did a meditation this afternoon, and I felt myself moving into the anxiousness, and it is lingering. It is uncomfortable and I want out. However, I can't help but think that there is a message in the midst of all this chaos. So I am trying to sit in this feeling and I am waiting for ... something. This too shall soon pass, right? Man, someone tell me I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment