Monday, August 18, 2008

Changing my perception

I would love to dedicate some time to getting back in shape, after having two babies, but it's hard to do it sometimes. I am actually really lucky because I've lost all of the baby weight, plus some more. But I don't feel that physical strength.

So yesterday afternoon, I was reading my Chatelaine mag, and I got on the floor and did the ab exercises! Yay me!!! What an accomplishment. And my abs are sore, deep in my core, so I know it was worth it! Maybe I'll do the exercises again tomorrow, when I'm not feeling so sore ...

But in the book I'm reading, it brought a very important issue to my attention. I often say things like "I'll have more energy once I have time to work out" or "I'll start training for a run next year, and that will make me feel really good about myself".

Why should I wait to feel good? And why do I need to do these things to feel good? I don't. Once I changed my perception about that, I amazingly started to feel really good! Try it, maybe it will work for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment