Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back on track

The days have been going by so quickly. We are trying to enjoy the last days of summer totally and completely. We've had a busy week, and I haven't had a lot of alone time, so maybe that's why I'm feeling a bit frazzled lately. My alone time is really important to me.

We have more company coming in two days, so I need to set some time aside to mentally prepare for it. It's always an adjustment when visitors stay awhile. It takes time to adjust to the change in energy. Thankfully, our company is staying a week, so it shouldn't be a visit where tons of fun has to be packed into two days! That is always hard on me...

My new challenge is to treat each person I encounter as a part of myself. I am surprised at how much better I treat people when I change my perception like that. It is amazing what you can do when you change your perception, just a little.

However, lately I am feeling very angry when people don't come clean with exactly what they are thinking, or what they are going to do. Yesterday I had a reflexology appointment at the spa. There was no one at the front desk when I arrived, so I went right upstairs (they usually have another receptionist up there). I waited ten minutes and no one arrived, so I went back to the front desk. The short story here is that the practitioner shortened my treatment by 15 minutes! But she didn't explain it or anything. It wasn't my fault no one was there to greet me! It was totally unprofessional. I was going to call the manager to complain tomorrow, but perhaps I should speak to the practitioner herself. That would be the right thing to do. That is what I should do. I will do that. Even though it's scary to confront people ...

No comments:

Post a Comment